Wednesday, July 29, 2009

And the award goes to...


Well after the big video tape incident and getting caught ditching sectionals I was kinda on the list. But then the Fruma Sarah role was such a success that I must have been taken of the list or moved to a "new" list. At the end of senior year an awards ceremony is held for the Fine Arts students. They are given awards like outstanding actress or actor and speech coaches’ award...like a mini tony award. Well again I did not have high hopes for me receiving an award from our Fine Arts director. I figured the speech coaches’ award would go to Russ...the speech team captain and the outstanding actress to Talia for her role as Tevya's wife in Fiddler. Well shock of all shocks I was award outstanding actress (as was Talia and Jen and a few other seniors). But most importantly I was awarded the speech coaches’ award for the many tedious hours I put in recalculating ALL the speech points that I had lost during the middle of the year!!! I was shocked and honored...if only they had allowed us to make a speech!

No comments:

Post a Comment