Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Court Date

Well with the 2 tickets I know possessed a court date was inevitable! Now remember I do not even have my license at this point but I have my first court appearance. My mother attends with me as she also received a ticket. I dressed in my most innocent looking outfit and headed into courts at age 15. I was called up to the bench and proceeded to tell my story of learning to drive in the police station parking lot, hitting the building, the alarms all going off, us trying to put the front bumper into the backseat of the car...and as I am telling my story the Judge, recorder, bailiff are all trying very hard not to laugh out loud. Their eyes are tearing, their hands are covering their mouths, and their shoulders are moving up and down. When I finish my version of the story they Judge tells me that he could suspend my license before I even get it, he could fine me, and he could make me go to traffic school..But since I made everyone laugh today he was going to dismiss the case entirely, including my Mom's ticket!!! I was soooo relieved and so thrilled I almost hugged that Judge! My Mom thanked the Judge profusely and took my out for pancakes for getting us out of those tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment